Alzheimer is a progressive disease that mainly occurs in the old and middle-aged people because of brain generalised degeneration. In this disease, brain cell connections degenerate eventually and this destroys the memory and other essential mental functions. In this blog, our nursing experts are going to talk about Alzheimer’s Disease and its environmental diagnosis and treatment. So, do read, as the information provided below will help you in writing your assignment on Alzheimer.
Understanding Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Alzheimer’s is one of the most common causes of dementia. Alzheimer’s disease covers around 60-80 per cent of dementia cases.
- The main factor of Alzheimer’s disease is increasing age, and people of 65 or older are mostly affected. Nearly 200,000 Americans of the age of 65 or younger suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
- The nursing assignment professionals say that this disease gets worse over the time where dementia symptoms keep on progressing as the year passes. In the early stage, people suffering from Alzheimer’s lost their memory and lose the ability to respond to his/her environment. In the United States of America, it is the 6th leading cause of death.
There is no current cure, but treatment is available. But remember that treatments cannot stop the progression of Alzheimer’s. Proper treatment can only slow down the worsening of dementia and enhance life quality.
What are the Symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease?
Though there are numerous symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease, it is really difficult to find early symptoms. However, our nursing assignment experts have illustrated 10 signs of Alzheimer’s disease. They are –
- Memory loss
- Difficult to plan and follow that action plan
- Problem with concentration
- Misunderstanding the passage or losing track of dates
- Vision problems
- Repetitive conversations
- Difficult to find lost items
- Poor Judgment
- Withdrawing from work, projects, social events, or hobbies, etc.
- Personality and mood swings including anxiety, confusion, depression, fearfulness
How to Diagnose Alzheimer’s Disease?
Students studying nursing courses often experience that many times assignments are based on the symptoms, diagnose, and treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. Dealing with such assignments can be difficult if you do not have enough knowledge about it. Therefore, Sample Assignment has tried to lessen your burden of writing assignments by letting you know how to diagnose Alzheimer’s disease.
To diagnose Alzheimer’s disease, you must conduct a few tests to assess thinking skills and memory impairment, identify changes in the behavior, and judge functional abilities. These tests evaluate the following:
- Whether the person has thinking skills or impaired memory
- Whether Alzheimer’s patient present changes in the behavior and personality
- The degree of thinking impairment
- How your daily life functions are getting affected by your thinking problems?
- The cause of your symptoms
Professionals can also add additional brain-imaging tests, laboratory tests, or memory testing to find useful information. Therefore, students going to write assignments for their university must know about all these testing so that they can prepare their documents flawlessly.
Treatment for Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s disease gets worse day by day. The existing methods are focused on helping people to manage their mental functions, manage behavioral symptoms. There are many types of drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of the U.S. to treat the people affected by Alzheimer’s disease. Several drugs such as Aricept, Exelon, Namenda, Namzaric, Razadyne, etc are available for this disease. Apart from this, developing a positive environment can also help in reinforce of well-being.
How to Create a Positive Environment for Alzheimer Patients?
According to the Victorian Department of Health, Alzheimer’s makes seniors feel stress and anxiety, and become sensitive to their social and physical environment. Thus, here are a few ways that can be followed to assist seniors with patients to live well:
- Decorate home with soothing colors
- Set the temperature as per senior’s sensitivity
- Allow visitors coming because friends and family are the ones who can stimulate memories and make them laugh
- Keep the phone near the senior
- Arrange utensils in such a way that it can be easy to locate
- Easy navigation of rooms
- Try to avoid decorations like throw rugs
- Provide an in-home carer who can help them in shopping and cooking
- Play music to relax and lift their spirit
At Memory Care:
- Give a caregiver
- Provide space and furnished community rather than a hospital
- The utilisation of smaller living rooms and dining tables to minimize distraction and encourage conversation
- Opt for different spaces like an art, activity, and music therapy areas
- Check whether the outdoor areas are safe and accessible easily or not
- Ensure residents are being asked for their ideas about new outdoor and indoor design and features
- Make sure each room given to residents permit for private areas
- Regularly check for the medical support given to patients
If You’re Writing a Nursing Assignment on Alzheimer, Then Do Take Help from an Expert!
Are you a student studying nursing or healthcare courses in Australia? You might need help from assignment help experts to prepare your assignment on Alzheimer. Many students prefer to choose Sample Assignment because it deals in numerous services such as assisting in writing assignments, proofreading and editing, providing nursing assignment samples, and more. Contact our support team today to know more about how our nursing experts can help you!